Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash, BTPoke, Cy

but since it's a Fighting-type move, it sails right through the invisible assailant.
    *facepalm* http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Anime_physics
    and since it cannot miss it does nve damage, if this is just the way you ref I'm sorry but, ANIME style battling ANIME physics

if its the way you ref it then have ric dark pulse the what I'm sure is a mismagus while I finger the tp medallion
    Last edited by Ash0011; 6th May 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash, BTPoke, Cy

Quote Originally Posted by Ash0011 View Post
    but since it's a Fighting-type move, it sails right through the invisible assailant.
    *facepalm* http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Anime_physics
    and since it cannot miss it does nve damage, if this is just the way you ref I'm sorry but, ANIME style battling ANIME physics
    Lolwut? Ash, I shouldn't have to explain why the point you're trying to make is completely silly. You're talking about anime physics as if it's a set of hard-and-fast rules we need to follow, when in fact it's nothing more than a series of random, self-contradictory events. Electric-type moves will sometimes hit Ground-types, Will-O-Wisp will sometimes hit Fire-types, Swift can sometimes be evaded, and so on. Our ASB is based off the anime, yes, but we also recognize that our universe needs to be more consistent than the anime. That's why our Ghost-type Pokemon will invariably be immune to Fighting-type moves except in situations where Foresight, Odour Sleuth, Scrappy, etc. are in effect.

Advanced Trainer

ok then sorry just needed that clarified on with the zone

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Excuse me, miss, do you happen to know where the records about reshiram's location are stored?

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I accept.

Hanzo, you'll do this, one on one to be fair and honourable. Get in quick with a Shadow Sneak, then follow it up with a Rock Slide and a Psycho Cut

Master Trainer

TEAM BTPOKE'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Shinsuke Island
    This Volcanic Island - previously hidden away; can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire Types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying Pokemon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall Pagoda stands on the Island as well, the only man-made structure here. If you fish from shore, Water Pokemon encounter rates are the same as for Tranquil Shores.

‡ Round 35 ‡

Rosalinda gives you a withering look as you ask her to Teleport you again. Nonetheless, you Ralts acquiesces and in an instant you find yourself overlooking a colossal pit filled with smoke-spewing molten rock. On the far side of the caldera you see a young woman barking commands to an Infernape. The Infernape appears to be battling three Pokemon all by itself. What's more... it's winning.

"That's her," the Penelope whispers. "That's my old trainer... Cassandra."

How do you proceed?

> Watch the battle
    > Approach Cassandra

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

TEAM ASH0011'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Grave's Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

‡ Round 16 ‡

Now that Ricario knows where the invisible assailant is located, he fire off a Dark Pulse in the appropriate direction. A pained squeal lets you know that the attack hit. Suddenly, your opponent comes into clear view.

She grimaces and maintains her Psychic hold on your Pokemon, bashing them hard against the ground. You get the Teleport medallion ready for use; however, something through the trees catches your eyes. You see a a distant light and an orange figure floating along off in the distance.

However, Shuppet doesn't seem to keen on letting your Pokemon escape. Rotom floats off out of sight.

How do you proceed?

> Fight Shuppet
    > Try to escape

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 7th May 2012 at 04:35 PM.

Master Trainer

CYNDER'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain that plays host to the TMPL Archive. While there are mountain pokemon on the outside, inside the Archive itself you'll find lots of Electric types, as well as plenty of Steel types.

‡ Round 9 ‡

You ask the Head Archivist for information on Reshiram.

"Reshiram, you see? Yes, I'm familiar... it's a Generation V Pokemon, right?" she asks gruffly. "Yes, well, I'm in the process of equipping our archive with information about the newest generation of Pokemon but it's proving to be a daunting task. We don't exactly have the budget for me to hire workers, you see, and so far we're only up to... #526, Gigalith. According to my estimations, we'll have information about Reshiram available in, oh, three or five years. Come back then."

Your Pokemon exchange bewildered looks. They clearly don't like the idea of waiting three to five years.

"That said," the Head Archivist adds, "I can think of someone who might be able to help you."

How do you proceed?

> Go on...
    > Nah, I'm cool waiting three to five years

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

And who might that be? Honestly I don't feel like waiting.

Master Trainer

TEAM RAZOR LEAF'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 20 ‡

You and Darmanitan agree to have a quick battle on the boardwalk outside of the post office. Hanzo steps up to plate, ready to kick a little monkey behind. He begins by lurching forward and lashing out with Ghost-type energy, catching Darmanitan off-guard. He gives his head a shake and retaliates by opening his mouth and letting off a big Yawn that induces immediate drowsiness in Hanzo.

Fighting off exhaustion, Hanzo commands an onslaught of rocks to tumble down from the heavens all over Darmanitan. He even manages to lash out with a Psychic slashing move before fatigue sets in and brings him to sleep. Darmanitan takes the opportunity to attack with a Will-O-Wisp, causing a Burn, and a mighty Giga Impact. Hanzo is tossed to the edge of the boardwalk, his left side slouching over the edge.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain that plays host to the TMPL Archive. While there are mountain pokemon on the outside, inside the Archive itself you'll find lots of Electric types, as well as plenty of Steel types.

‡ Round 10 ‡

"Well, you see, my sister Ernesta studies and pursues Legendary Pokemon as a bit of a hobby," the Head Archivist explains. "If you're seeking information on Reshiram, I'd be shocked if she doesn't have it. You can find her in Skyline Terrace at the Pokemon Collegiate Institute where she works as the school's Headmistress. I'd help you set up an appointment but Ernesta and I... aren't on the best of terms." A sudden foul expression comes over the Ariados's face. "I don't care to explain why, frankly."

How do you proceed?

> Request more information
    > Head to Skyline Terrace
    > Rethink that three to five year waiting period

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Let's watch the battle, THEN we'll approach her

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hmm, sleep is a bugger to get out of. If I shout commands to Hanzo he may wake up faster. But I'll at least command him to use SLEEP TALK as much as he can, and if he does wake up then use NIGHT SLASH a lot.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ah, alright then, thanks for the help! Anything I hould know that might help to loosen Ernesta's, er, mandibles? And if not, then off we go to the Skyline Terrace I guess!

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island
    This Volcanic Island - previously hidden away; can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire Types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying Pokemon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall Pagoda stands on the Island as well, the only man-made structure here. If you fish from shore, Water Pokemon encounter rates are the same as for Tranquil Shores.

‡ Round 36 ‡

You watch as Cassandra's Infernape puts the finishing moves on the three Pokemon. Once they've been defeated, Cassandra pulls out her Pokedex and examines them carefully. She frowns.

"Well, Charmeleon at least has the potential to evolve into something big and strong," she says to herself, looking at Torkoal and Magcargo with disgust. "Great Ball, go!"

She throws a Great Ball which sucks Charmeleon up into its cavity. It wiggles three times before going still and teleporting away. Cassandra nods confidently and begins to turn away, but notices you across the caldera smoking pit.

"Can I help you?" she asks in a vaguely irritated voice. She doesn't seem to have noticed Penelope who's hiding tremulously behind Sake.

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Leave

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

TEAM RAZOR LEAF'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 21 ‡

You bellow your commands to Hanzo. He begins attacking in his sleep, starting with a Leaf Blade and ending with a Confusion. Darmanitan, meanwhile, recharges from his prior attack. He then tries and fails to execute a Focus Blast before opting for an Earthquake instead.

The shaking ground rouses Hanzo from his sleep. He then attacks with a Night Slash, which does a decent amount of damage. Suddenly, Darmanitan glows blue and reverts to the statuesque form he was in when you first found him.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

yeah, I noticed you "lost" your little igglybuff and thought to return it to you.

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 11 ‡

"She admires intelligence, so if you're not smart already then do your best to pretend," the Head Archivist says gruffly. "Also, she's got a massive ego, so appeal to that as much as you can."

With that, you depart from the ASB Archive and Fly out upon Sabaku. Fortunately, Skyline Terrace is not altogether too far away and the flight is a brief one. You touch down upon a springy boardwalk nestled way up in the treetops.

Looking around, you see a Sudowoodo holding a swaddled Bonsly in her arms. You also see a pair of Swoobats perched on a nearby bench.

How do you proceed?

> Explore
    > Approach Sudowoodo
    > Approach the Swoobats

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 37 ‡

You explain to Cassandra why you came. Sake steps aside so Penelope is in clear view. She toes the ground nervously.

"Um, okay," Cassandra says, not bothering to mask a smirk. "And what did you think? You'd bring her here and we'd have a nice, teary reunion? Barf. I left her because I didn't want a weak little Igglybuff, obviously. My sister has poor taste in Christmas presents. I didn't want Penelope then and I don't want her now. Sorry to waste you time, stranger."

Penelope's eyes begin to fill with tears. Cassandra's Infernape chuckles.

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Leave

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

Why not? if you train penelope up enough, she can grow to be a kick-ass wigglytuff. I mean, you should've seen the fight between my 2+1 pokemon against her. She was amazing. Imagine if you give her enough training.

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 38 ‡

"Oh, please," Cassandra scoffs. "I already have a big, burly Exploud that can eat a Wigglytuff for breakfast any day of the week. You can keep that shrimpy little Igglybuff along with your other three pygmies, alright? I neither want nor need her on my team."

Sake, Rosalinda and Eevee bare their teeth.

"Penelope," Eevee says, "I think it's time for you to take on that Infernape and defend the good name of all pint-sized Pokemon. Got it? Grind it to a pulp."

"I don't know," Penelope says nervously. She looks at you for support. "Would you help me out? Maybe call strategy?"

How do you proceed?

> Agree
    > Disagree

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 7th May 2012 at 05:33 PM.

Elite Trainer

Alright. Your pokemon against mine (plus penelope, and eevee if she wants to help). We'll see who's best.

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 39 ‡

"You're on," Cassandra says, tossing three Pokeballs. With a blinding flash of light, three of Cassandra's Pokemon appear to join Infernape for the brawl.

You're not sure how she was able to bring four Pokemon into the Safari Zone when the max is three, but you decide not to question such a pesky little logical detail. Sake, Rosalinda, Eevee and Penelope all look ready to fight.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

ok, then. are we doing 1v1 one at a time? or 4v4?

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 40 ‡

"Let's say a series of 1 on 1s," Cassandra says. "Salamence vs. Mienfoo, Exploud vs. Ralts, Golurk vs. Eevee and then Infernape vs. Penelope if there's a tie that needs to be broken. If I win, I leave Penelope behind. If I lose, I'll accept her back into my team. Now, come on, Salamence. Tear this tiny Fighter to pieces."

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Advanced Trainer

I have ric use dark pulse to distract it and activate the medallion and teleport after the rotom with my pokemon
    Last edited by Ash0011; 7th May 2012 at 06:43 PM.

Elite Trainer

I believe you're going to eat those words. Mienfoo, let's do this! begin the match with a fake out. Then do A combo of bounce and stone edge. If they try to protect, use feint. If they try to dodge it, add aerial ace to the combo.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Aww, that's sweet :3 sudowoodo, do you know where the school is?

Master Trainer

TEAM ASH0011'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Grave's Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

‡ Round 17 ‡

You use the Teleport medallion to beam you away from the Shuppet's hold. You reappear a short ways away in an empty clearing where the moonlight illuminates every leaf and branch. You look around for the Rotom but see no sign of it.

However, you do see... a... refrigerator? Just chillin' in the middle of the woods.

Golly, now what could that be doing there...

How do you proceed?

> Approach the refrigerator
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Shinsuke Island

‡ Round 41 ‡

Infernape, Exploud, Golurk, Rosalinda, Eevee and Penelope shuffle off to the side as Sake and Salamence step up to fight. Sake quivers a little bit as he looks up at his Intimidating foe. Salamence spreads his massive wings and takes flight, but Sake calms his nerves long enough to leap into the air and land on the back of Salamence's neck. Sake then lashes out with a Fake Out, which stuns Salamence and sends him into a tailspin toward the ground. Salamence pulls out of the dive at the last second and gets airborne once again with Sake clinging on for dear life.

"Buck him off!" Cassandra shouts.

Salamence tries, but Sake's grip appears strong. Sake prepares to use a powerful combo, but a sudden Roar from Salamence does away with your Mienfoo's steely nerves. He quivers as he maintains his hold on Salamence's neck, unable to attack. Salamence, meanwhile, has decides to stop bucking and start attacking: water surrounds his tail and he whips it against Sake, who lets out a shout. The round finishes as Sake's limbs turn dark as stone as he starts using them to bludgeon the Flying-type. Salamence shouts out in pain.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Concede defeat

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 12 ‡

You approach the Sudowoodo and her Bonsly. The infant gurgles at you delightedly as you approach and ask for directions.

"Oh, that's just west of here," Sudowoodo says. "I can lead you if you'd like."

After a short walk during which you learn all about the annoying and/or adorable things Baby Tommy does, you arrive at an impressive building that looks more like a mansion than any school you've ever seen. Its entire perimeter is surrounded by a tall iron gate which, unfortunately, appears to be guarded by two burly Exeggutors. They look like they mean business.

How do you proceed?

> Remain with Sudowoodo and Bonsly
    > Approach the guards
    > Try to find a way to sneak in

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hello, I'd like to speak the the headmistress if that would be possible?

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 13 ‡

"Appointments with Headmistress Ernesta need to be cleared three to five months in advance," the first Exeggutor says monotonously.

"Give us your name and information and we can arrange for you to speak with her sometime in late summer or early autumn," the other one adds.

How do you proceed?

> Keep insisting

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Really? No recent... cancellations? No? Never mind then, I'll just be going, the information I have on an undocumented legendary Pokemon will just have to wait...

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 14 ‡

You attempt to sway the Exeggutors.

"An undocumented Legendary Pokemon?" one of them says.

"That's interesting," the other adds.

"Headmistress Ernesta will certainly want to hear about this," the first replies.

"Yes, in three to five weeks when she's free to meet with you," the second adds.

"Oh, yes, of course," the first Exeggutor says.

"Good day," the second finishes with a nod.

Tweedledee and Tweedledum turn their gaze away from you. Suddenly, you hear a noise.

"Psst," says a voice. "Psst!"

It seems to be coming from a clump of bushes behind you.

How do you proceed?

> Keep insisting
    > Follow the voice

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Thanks for nothing, jerks. :U

I'll check out that bush!

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 15 ‡

The Exeggutors become distracted as another visitor approaches the gate, giving you a chance to slip away to a nearby clump of bushes. Two Pokemon appear to be tucked away within the shrubbery.

"So you want to get into the school, eh?" Smeargle asks.

"Our house is just a short ways from here," Porygon says. "Follow us and we ought to be able to help you out."

How do you proceed?

> Following strangers? Sure, why not!
    > Give the Exeggutors another shot
    > Find a way to sneak in

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Heh, what the heck. Let's go!

Master Trainer

Skyline Terrace

‡ Round 16 ‡

Smeargle and Porygon lead you to a small, cluttered house not too far from the Pokemon Collegiate Institute. You step inside and see dirty dishes all over the joint.

"We're not too big on cleaning," Smeargle explains. "My name is Salvador, by the way."

"And I'm Steve," Porygon chirps in. "So why exactly do you want to get into the school? We heard you mention something about Legendary Pokemon to the guards."

You don't know their motives. You don't know how much you want to tell them.

How do you proceed?

> Explain the situation honestly
    > Embroider the details

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Advanced Trainer

I have ric us aura to look for the rotom, if it isn't around then I challenge the fridge to a battle