Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Cynder)

CYNDER'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 54 ‡

Brenton tries to use Foresight to get a lock on them, but he can't seem to get anything but static.

"Certain places will do that," Ernesta explains. "It means they're probably in a hidden location in the Zone like the ASB Archive or the Escapee Tunnel. Yes, I think it's definitely best if we try to go for Zekrom. If they manage to resurrect Reshiram, we'll need the Deep Black Pokemon's strength on our side should we have to do battle. Fortunately, I can't imagine they would already possess access to Platrin Plateau, which I'm assuming you do if you caught Giratina, so they might not even be able to restore Reshiram if they were to try. So yes, take the Dark Stone... it'll provide you with a series of flashes that will tip you off to the next Stone's location. Just touch it and you'll see what I mean."

She hands the Dark Stone over to you. As soon as it touches your palm, three images flash before your eyes.

A series of broken amusement park rides...

An orange tent...

A gap-toothed Pikachu...

The flashes then subside.

How do you proceed?

> Depart to your next destination
    > Remain here

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Cynder)

Runrunrun!! Hanzo, Teleport us out of here!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Right, we need to go to Dysfunctionland and search for a gap-toothed Pikachu!

...And I just realised how silly that sounds xDD

Master Trainer

TEAM RAZOR LEAF'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Ruskie Tundra
    This wide expanse of icy land extends as far as the eyes can see. Rolling snow dunes and harsh hailing conditions make it an idea place for Ice Pokemon, and only the sturdiest of winter loving beasts.

‡ Round 43 ‡

Rather than battling the swarm of Pokemon who are peeved at you right now, you get Hanzo to Teleport you and Tesla away. Suddenly, you reappear at the entrance to the cavern. The Stantlers and Barnabas stare at you. You can hear Mamoswine's and the bears' roars echo from deep within the cavern.

"Looks like you don't have a hard time making enemies," Barnabas observes.

How do you proceed?

> Try that whole exploring thing again
    > Depart

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain that plays host to the TMPL Archive. While there are mountain pokemon on the outside, inside the Archive itself you'll find lots of Electric types, as well as plenty of Steel types.

‡ Round 55 ‡

You decide that you need to go to Dysfunctionland. Ernesta leads you up the steps back into the school and then out into the empty schoolyard where it's raining heavily. You look over at your Pokemon and watch as Salvador's disguises simply wash away. Ernesta rolls her eyes as she observes the lengths you went to in order to sneak into the school.

With that, you hop aboard Sabaku and shoot off into the sky. You quickly leave the Pokemon Collegiate Institute and all of Skyline Terrace behind as you head southwest toward Dysfunctionland. The landscape below gets gradually more craggy and mountainous as you pass over Trolgar Mountain.

You see dark smoke billowing up from somewhere near the mountain's peak. It almost looks like it's coming from the Archive. You make eye contact with Ernesta, who looks anxious.

"I have a sister who works at the Archive," Ernesta explains. "We're not close, but..."

The sentence trails off.

How do you proceed?

> Investigate the smoke
    > Continue toward Dysfunctionland

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

We can check out the archive, that's fine! I'm curious about it myself, actually.

Master Trainer

Um well, there were Bears and.. then a big big.. umm. Maybe we should just leave. Thank you for the map Doc. and all the best with the practice. Stantlers, I hope you are good too. As for us, I think a drier, less cold climate would suit us better. Anyone know the way to Crush Quarry?

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain
    A tall mountain that plays host to the TMPL Archive. While there are mountain pokemon on the outside, inside the Archive itself you'll find lots of Electric types, as well as plenty of Steel types.

‡ Round 56 ‡

You make your descent, touching down on the cliffside path near the entrance to the ASB Archive. You see that the keypad, the source of all this smoke, has been smashed and the steel door beaten open. The Magnemite you remember from earlier is lying on the ground in a daze.

"A Porygon and a Smeargle showed up," it chirps weakly. "When they couldn't guess the passcode, the latter Sketched a hammer and kept bashing everything."

You enter and see that everything is in a state of disarray. Shelves have been tipped, computers tossed and display cases smashed.

"Whoever did this was certainly looking for something," Ernesta says. "Stay on guard. They might still be here."

How do you proceed?

> Explore the shelves
    > Check out the display cases
    > Head to the Head Archivist's office

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 16th May 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Master Trainer

Crush Quarry
    A dangerous quarry home to Rock and Ground types. Footing is loose, and there's always work being done. A few Fighting types and some rare Steel types also make their homes here. Within the mining tunnles you may find a few rare passages...

‡ Round 44 ‡

The Stantlers and Barnabas provide Hanzo with directions to Crush Quarry. You say your goodbyes and then Teleport away.

You're greeted with a gush of warmth as you leave Ruskie Tundra behind. You find yourself standing in the basin of a colossal quarry littered with various machines. You see a number of mining tunnels that wind off into darkness and various Pokemon wandering around.

How do you proceed?

> Approach Sandshrew
    > Approach Aron
    > Approach Throh
    > Look around
    > Try one of the tunnels

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Crap let's go in! We need to make sure that everyone's okay.

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain

‡ Round 57 ‡

You stroll in and around the chaotic heaps of archived materials as you keep an eye out for anyone. You see no one for the longest time and begin to wonder if there's simply nobody around. Suddenly, a figure leaps out from behind a tipped cabinet.

"You did this!" the Head Archivist screams. "You took the archive's Light Stone! After you left I saw that you'd searched one of the computers for 'White Stone'. You found out what it was actually called and then returned to steal it, didn't you? Didn't you?"

Before you can defend yourself, the Head Archivist notices Ernesta for the first time.

"Now, Elmira," Ernesta says. "You need to calm--"

"I should have suspected you'd be part of this!" the Head Archivist shrieks as she throws herself at Ernesta. She begins blasting the shiny Ariados with repeated Psybeams.

How do you proceed?

> Appeal to reason
    > Break up the fisticuffs!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 17th May 2012 at 10:35 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The both of you, STOP IT! I understand that you're upset Elmira, but this is not the way to react. We just came to check that you were okay! We know who the culprits are, and if we're quick there's the off chance that we may be able to find them. Did you happen to see a Smeargle and Porygon at all? They're the people that took it, not us.

(on the off chance that she continues to attack, Brenton, step in and hold Elmira back. Don't hurt her, but if neccessary use a flamethrower to scare her into submitting.)

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain

‡ Round 58 ‡

You try to explain the situation to Elmira, but if she's listening she doesn't seem to be showing showing it. Brenton is eventually forced to intervene and yank the Head Archivist off her sister. Elmira kicks and thrashes in Brenton's arms but eventually calms down. She then considers what you just told her.

"I didn't see who did it," Elmira says. "I hid in my office the whole time. If the Smeargle and Porygon you mention are really behind it, then I'm going to track them down and get the archived objects back. In addition to the Light Stone, they took a couple electronic gizmos and some of the Archive's rarer artifacts."

"Artifacts?" Ernesta inquires as she pulls herself up, panting.

"Yes... my Skarmory Feather, Bony Mask, Vulpix Tail, Strengthened Sphere and Wind Blade. Just like the Light Stone, I don't actually know what they're for," Elmira says. "Any idea what they do?"

How do you proceed?

> Respond

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

They give the holder access to platrin plateau, that's what! If we're ever going to stop them, I'll need the other black stones. Do you have one of those here, too? If not we need to keep looking, and fast.

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain

‡ Round 59 ‡

"I've never heard of those," the Elmira says. "If your goal is to stop them, though, I'm coming."

"Oh, goodie," Ernesta mutters, rolling her eyes. "Well, if we're going to Dysfunctionland, maybe I'll be able to shove you off the top of a ferris wheel and make it look like an accident."

Elmira shoots her a filthy look.

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Leave

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

If you two are done, I think we'd best be going. Dysfunctionland ho!

Master Trainer

Hrm.. well Barnabus said the Mausoleum is beneath Crush Quarry, so a pokemon that digs around a lot might know where to look. Lets ask the Sandshrew if it knows anything.

Master Trainer

Trolgar Mountain

‡ Round 60 ‡

Elmira joins your party as you hop aboard Sabaku and shoot off into the sky. It was already cramped on your Flygon's back to begin with, but now with Elmira and Ernesta squabbling for space it seems infinitely tinier. As your patience evaporates, the landscape below grows gradually darker and less verdant until you see a number of coloured lights off in the distance. You draw near and see a massive amusement park on the ground below, replete with coloured tents and various rides. You touch down near the entrance.

You don't see any Pokemon at first but see a number of attractions: a ferris wheel, a merry-go-round, a house of mirrors and a haunted manor. They're all ramshackle and abandoned. Several attractions bear faded "Out of Order" signs.

You then hear whistling. Looking over, you see a jaunty Wynaut shuffling along. One of his flappy ear-things is holding a large broom that it's using to sweep up trash. He doesn't seem to have noticed you.

How do you proceed?

> Approach Wynaut
    > Check out the ferris wheel
    > Check out the merry-go-round
    > Enter the House of Mirrors
    > Enter the haunted manor
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hello Wynaut, I was just wondering if you knew where I might find a buck-toothed Pikachu?

Master Trainer

Crush Quarry
    A dangerous quarry home to Rock and Ground types. Footing is loose, and there's always work being done. A few Fighting types and some rare Steel types also make their homes here. Within the mining tunnles you may find a few rare passages...

‡ Round 45 ‡

You approach Sandshrew and ask for help finding the Underground Mausoleum.

"Yeah, I know where it is," Sandshrew says. "It's pretty risky, though. I'll help you find the way in but I'm not going down there. The Mausoleum is a narrow shaft, you see, and there isn't much oxygen down there, so you'll have to be in and out as quickly as you can. If you're going fossil-hunting, you're going to need to find shovels first since neither of your Pokemon know how to Dig."

How do you proceed?

> Ask for help finding shovels
    > Eh, screw it... let's go!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Dysfunctionland!
    A dilapidated series of amusement park rides and buildings. Who knows what you might find underneath these dusty tents and behind closed doors…

‡ Round 61 ‡

Wynaut sees you and goes nuts with ecstasty.

"Visitors!" he squeals, bouncing in joy. "Finally, we haven't had any in... well, longer than I can remember, at least! Hooray!"

After a minute of excited dancing, Wynaut seems to realize you asked a question.

"Oh, er, right," he says. "Um... I don't know any buck-toothed Pikachus, but there is a gap-toothed Pikachu? We call him Big Ol' Barry. He operates some carnival games. He's not around, though, or at least he hasn't been for a couple of days. Nobody knows where he went."

How do you proceed?

> Ask for more information
    > Enter the house of mirrors
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh, okay! Thank you for the help, is there any rides he favours in particular? Might give us some idea where to start looking.

Master Trainer

Dysfunctionland!
    A dilapidated series of amusement park rides and buildings. Who knows what you might find underneath these dusty tents and behind closed doors…

‡ Round 62 ‡

Wynaut ponders your questions carefully.

"Nothing in particular stands out," Wynaut says. "He does like rides, though, so it's always a shot? Or if you want, I could also take you to the orange tent where he hosts his games."

How do you proceed?

> Follow Wynaut
    > Enter the house of mirrors
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

In that case, let's try the tent. We might even spot him on the way there if he's working on the rides.

Master Trainer

Dysfunctionland!

‡ Round 63 ‡

With Wynaut taking the lead, you make your way to an orange tent not too far from the entrance.

When you get thee, you see a note on the tent flap:

Gone to perform maintenance on the haunted manor. Back soon.

--Big Ol' Barry

(PS: If I don't return, send help.)

"Yeah, I dunno why Big Ol' Barry even bothers writing notes," Wynaut says. "He's the only one here who's literate. I haven't a clue what that even says."

How do you proceed?

> Head to the house of mirrors
    > Check out the tent
    > Head elsewhere

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Welp, that's odd. I guess we should check out the Haunted Manor!

Master Trainer

Dysfunctionland!

‡ Round 64 ‡

You double back to the haunted manor. It looks like a massive mansion with boarded up windows and missing shingles... definitely not someplace you'd want to live. You see that you have two options: hop in a little cart and ride around the inside or walk along the tracks by foot.

"Yeah, I'm def not going in there," Wynaut says with a shudder. "They say it's haunted."

"You don't say," Elmira says, rolling her eyes.

How do you proceed?

> Take the cart for a ride
    > Enter by foot

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay then, I guess this is it! Thanks for leading us here Wynaut, but we're going inside. I think I'll take the cart - what's more fun than a cart ride through a haunted house? :U

Master Trainer

Dysfunctionland!

‡ Round 65 ‡

You decide to take the leisurely route. You, Ernesta and Elmira climb into a cart but quickly find there's no room left, forcing Sabaku, Brenton and Rhode to squeeze into the cart behind you. Wynaut hops into a little control booth and slams a red button. Suddenly, the carts come to life and begins rattling forth along the track.

"Good luck!" Wynaut shouts, waving. "Please do not get eaten! It is bad for publicity!"

With that, you disappear into blackness. Your eyes adjust to the darkness after a minute and you realize you're in an old drawing room with antique furniture, much of which has been violently torn. Dust and cobwebs litter every corner and frightening red streaks can be seen on just about every inch of the peeling wallpaper. You hear an ominous cackling noise.

"Lovely place," Ernesta mutters.

Then, without warning, your cart comes to a crashing halt as a dark shape leaps in front of you. You're not entirely sure you can believe your eyes.

"How dare you trespass on this hallowed ground."

How do you proceed?

> Get out and run!
    > Issue commands
    > Cower in fright

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Please just be a dummy please just be a dummy please just be a dummy... This is an amusment park ride after all!

Darkrai, we wish to pass. We're searching for smebody who may have come through here not that long ago; he goes by the name of Big ol' Barry. Please allow us to go by, we will leave as soon as he is found.

Master Trainer

Well I guess we'll need to find some shovels then. Any idea where I can get some?

Master Trainer

Dysfunctionland!

‡ Round 66 ‡

You ask Darkrai to step aside, but it merely repeats its ominous warning. This time, however, it sounds peculiar and erratic.

"H-h-how daaaaare yoooooou tres-tres-trespaaaaaass on th-this hallowed-halllowed-hallowed-hallooooooooooowed grooooooooooooound..."

The audio track then goes dead. Darkrai promptly falls over, its head flying off and landing somewhere in the middle of the room. Dysfunctionland's description wasn't a joke, then. This place is dilapidated as hell.

With your obstacle gone, you keep going. You enter the next room of the haunted manor, a kitchen, where apparently someone has been running amok with a butcher's knife. You've never seen so much red paint in your life. You also see an animatronic Zubat in the corner that you're pretty sure is supposed to fly out at you, but it instead falls to the ground with a dull clunk.

As the cart progresses down a hallway ending at a flight of stairs, you notice that the tracks abruptly end just ahead... at a large hole in the ground... to which your cart is now headed. Uh-oh. You're quite certain that the hole is most definitely not part of the ride.

Elmira and Ernesta, still sitting on either side of you, notice the hole and begin trying to clamber out of their belts.

"My belt is jammed!" Elmira exclaims.

"Mine too," Ernesta grunts, twisting around.

You notice that yours is as well. Lovely.

How do you proceed?

> Try to wiggle free
    > Cut the belts somehow
    > Find a brake
    > Brace yourself

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 20th May 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Master Trainer

Crush Quarry

‡ Round 46 ‡

"There's a station up ahead that allows you to rent them for free, but you have to give them collateral first," Sandshrew explains. "But if you're lucky, you might also be able to find a miner inside the tunnels who'll let you borrow theirs."

How do you proceed?

> Head to the rental station
    > Enter the tunnels and find someone whose shovel you can borrow

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 20th May 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Master Trainer

Lets head into the mines and see if we can find someone. If we can't, then we can always come back out and rent them.

Master Trainer

Crush Quarry

‡ Round 47 ‡

Sandshrew leads you into Crush Quarry's interior.

This place has a very Goron City vibe. You see many tiers of rocky formations and pathways spilling out below and a dozen passageways on any side of you. You don't, however, see any miners. The closest is a Geodude slumbering by a big rock, but he doesn't seem to have a shovel.

"Must be a slow day," Sandshrew says. "There might still be some miners further ahead, though? Perhaps down one of the tunnels?"

How do you proceed?

> Approach Geodude
    > Try a tunnel
    > Head outside to the rental station

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 20th May 2012 at 11:36 AM.

Master Trainer

Hmm, I think after our previous experience with exploring tunnels we should go for the safer option and head to the rental station.

Master Trainer

Crush Quarry

‡ Round 48 ‡

Deciding that you don't want to accidentally step on another angry Pokemon's foot, you choose to find the shovel station instead. Sandshrew leads you back outside to a small kiosk not far from where you initially Teleported. You see an ramshackle wooden kiosk where a Mawile is seated. She's surrounded by a number of gleaming shovels.

"Welcome to Deb's Shovel Emporium," says the Mawile who you presume to be Deb. "Here, our motto is 'Get a shovel or get the hell out.'"

"That's not a very good motto," Sandshrew murmurs.

"Zip it, vermin," Deb barks. "If you want to buy a shovel, that will cost 1,000,000 Pokemon Dollars. Afternoon rentals are free, but you'll need to show me some collateral."

"What kind of business model is that?" Sandshrew whispers. "How is this place still afloat?"

How do you proceed?

> Offer collateral
    > Um, maybe steal a shovel?
    > Try the tunnel plan again

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Rhode, hop out of the cart and stop it dead with Strength. That will give Brenton time to cut the seatbelts carefully with his claws.

Master Trainer

What kind of a business is this? How on earth can you run this place with such extortionate prices? Rest assured I will be contacting the TPML administrators about this! What sort of collateral would you need, because I sure as hell wont be giving you any of my pokedollars (which I don't have anyway...)

Master Trainer

Dysfunctionland!

‡ Round 67 ‡

Rhode rips his seatbelt off of his body as though it were made of limp spaghetti. He then hops out of the cart, stands in front of it and stops it effortlessly with his Strength. It screeches to a halt. Brenton then Cuts himself and the rest of you free. Phew. You clamber out of the carts.

"I wonder if Big Ol' Barry is down there," Ernesta says, scuttling close to the edge of the hole.

Suddenly, you hear a noise coming from upstars. It sounds like a shriek.

How do you proceed?

> Check out the hole
    > Go upstairs
    > Split up

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available