Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,440 of 1543

Thread: War of the Forums

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: War of the Forums (#164)

Ironic that the most sheepish, behind-the-curtains Mod has this huge file of death in her possession now. It's always the quiet ones...

So, is Ada gonna honor Martin's wish? Or is she gonna take the file and go insane with power?

And when is Martin's funeral? Is that really gonna happen? I hope so... It just seems like the right thing to do.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#165)

Ada: Thanks. If that last page wasn't satisfactory, maybe the next one will be. As for why it's physical... to be honest, I considered showing her printing the file, but I decided against it for two reasons. For one thing, I thought an entire page that stretched things out further would be a bad thing. And for another, I didn't really feel like finding a printer pic after the epic quest for the legendary door.

As for the other Fanfic mods... they're busy. Or psychotic. Take your pick.

DS: Urgh, that sucks. I totally understand what a severe cold is like... you must be pretty wiped right now. There's a lot of stuff going around. Get better soon, man!

Power comes in many different forms...

Shayna: Yomiko cameo?

CEB: Zombie! Argh! *throws shoe*

Hehe, it's good to have you back. I certainly hope the 50 bazillion comics didn't take you too long... of course, it'd be easier to know if I had any idea what a bazillion was. Is it similar to a kajillion?

Hopefully things will get even toastier for you. And as for TPM's spellcheck, we've had it for awhile. Maybe since the last server move... not sure exactly. You just now noticed it?

Blade: Files of death, whee! But what can one do with a file of death? Hmm...

I'm waiting for someone to bump into her and for it to fall into the sewers. We all enjoyed the last sewer incident, right?

As for Martin's funeral... hehe.

Many have tried to decipher the mystical "GM" code. None have succeeded.

#165: Welcome to the next level.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Banned

Global Moderators? Heh, I'll bet that the girl with the katana who saved them from Jay was one of them!

It's interesting, of course... That there exists a hierarchy above them that they don't even know about... So what will be the next step?

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

*munches on shoe*

Got any socks?

Global Moderators aye, sounds hot. Wonder what they can do. Also in answer about the spellcheck is that it never used to put a red line under what I was typing. But now it does hence the inquiry.

Also 50 bazillion is close to about eleventy one hundred (I really need to stop watching Codename Kids next door)

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Don't blame others for your postcount. If you view it as a problem, there's only one remedy...
    But when I type 'postcount++;' in the Search box and press Enter, nothing happens!

Glad you liked panel six here. I'm not trying to win any particular Awards...
    I knew you were, just messing with ya - making sure you still do it for the heck of it, not the prizes... Though I do suppose that jacuzzi they hand out to all the winners comes in handy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Elf Boy View Post
    Also 50 bazillion is close to about eleventy one hundred (I really need to stop watching Codename Kids next door)
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm itching to see the movie, and all episodes I still haven't seen. A shame CN can't show 'em in the right order, though. The whole SUPPORT-KISS-...-END-... thing would've been so much cooler to watch unfold.

~ ~ ~

And as the plot tickens, the amount of dangling plot lines does, too! I wonder what closet Gavin's been hiding in as of late...

#164: Bit of a teaser panels, those first two, ey? But well enough to jump back on the train to the Day All Hell Breaks Loose.

#165: Global Mod, ey? Didn't see that coming. I thought that if you were to speak of Super Mods or Admins, you'd call 'em that. Though in hindsight, you'd have to supply Oz, Gabi, Zak and *mind blank* with caped characters... I wonder who'd be Krypto, then?

~ ~ ~

*eyes sig* Don't you just love those red X's? *sigh*
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!

Smile Re: War of the Forums (#165)

Once again, this comic is still awesome. From Master of Paradox's radical views to Martin's Final Wish to Global Moderators ... you never know what may happen.

So how long do you keep on planning to do this? And how long do you think that this comic strip will be?
    Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

Which Movie are you talking about Mike Z.E.R.O or I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S because i wont be able to watch interviews since I wont have Austar then (Wait I might, if the uni has it). But other then that I just really hate seeing a bunch of episodes I have seen, then the ones that I can't watch are ones I haven't seen, which sucks.

Banned

If you have a choice, Z.E.R.O. was much, much better than I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S.

That's my opinion, or course, but I've been a fan of the show since its debut.

You have seen I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S. DAMN AUSTAR WAS TELLING ME IT WAS NEVER BEFORE SEEEEEEN

DAMN YOU

anyway I also like Ben 10 its a good show too.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Smods! Now he just has to introduce admins; although since they're the 'final tier' (aside from webmaster) they might already be included in 'global mods'. I wonder how this will affect the fanfic mods. It doesn't seem to directly, unless one of them wants greater power or eventually comes under the jurisdiction of a smod. Well, they'll suspect the blue-haired lady to be a smod, that's for sure.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#166)

Dark Sage: Global moderators! But how does little miss I-Like-Swords play into it? Could that be good ol' Lady V?

Yes, the supermods are quite mysterious to us lowly moderators. Now that Ada knows of the almighty s-mods, what happens now?

CEB: Yes, but they're disgusting. Think of moldy swiss cheese. Then throw out that thought and think of something worse.

Supermods can do many amazing things. Like be awesome. And flaunt their supermodliness. And stuff.

As for the automatic spellcheck, it may be due to your browser. If you recently changed to or updated, say, Firefox, that might explain it. New Firefox versions have auto-spellchecking for form fields, while others such as Safari don't.

Mike: No, you don't search for it! You do it!*

Heh, don't worry; I do as much as I can regardless of the Awards involved. After all, I really don't need 18 solid silver jacuzzis. One will do.

Gavin will return soon. Soon enough to see the end of the world, at least! *cackles*

Yeah, I figured that'd trip up people. They were actually called Global Moderators for quite awhile, though. And yeah, those are all the s-mods. You haven't forgotten anyone.

By the way, does your "red X" comment refer to my sig pic? I hope it's appearing properly... or at least close to properly. (I know the speed declines at one part, and the last frame sometimes shows up incorrectly as well. But it's close.)

*Not advice or a moderator command.

T-Tar Master: Hehe, thanks! I enjoy jumping from one shocker to the next...

As for how long this will continue, I'm really not sure. I have the whole plot planned in my head (although some of the gaps still need to be filled); it's just a question of how many pages it'll take to the ending. And considering that I initially thought this would be less than 100 pages, I'm not prepared to make a guess. Sorry I can't give you a clearer picture than that.

Ada: That does seem contradictory, doesn't it? What could I have planned... shall I interrogate myself? And what influence will the all-powerful supermods have on the future of Fanfic?

Read on and find out!

#166: Looks like the moderators have abandonment issues. In a sense.

It would seem that mr_pikachu hasn't yet informed his comrades of the Apocalyptic discovery.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Smile Re: War of the Forums (#166)

Poor Brian. But I bet he will join the meeting soon with his worse news. And I am going to love to see the moderators reaction to that.

By the way, you are calling me T-Tar Master in your comments. I know that was the original name for my other persona here (until I changed it to Snakes' N Legends because I wasn't a big fan of Tyranitars anymore. Still like them but not as more.) I just wanted to know why you are calling me that. Nostalagia or something, huh?

Veteran Trainer

Global Mods...?

I think we know who Jay's executioner is now... And moreover, I think we know who iBrowse is now, too. Unless my prior guess is correct... Either way, I'm right! Yay, me!

One thing I just realized... The Fanfic Mods are all... roommates? Poor bastards. No wonder they're all insane.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Oh, I didn't ban Jay more than once. Others have banned him many more times.

Nice going, Brian. I was wondering if we'd ever be mentioned (supermods in general, not me in particular). But we know there's a power that is higher still...

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Wink Re: War of the Forums (#166)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    Oh, I didn't ban Jay more than once. Others have banned him many more times.

Nice going, Brian. I was wondering if we'd ever be mentioned (supermods in general, not me in particular). But we know there's a power that is higher still...
    That's true Gabi and as you well know that would be the Admins, then again they have to Answer to Kevin Aka The Cookie Monster/Boss Squirtle since he owns the place.

Of course what do I know I'm just the King of Newbies after all...

Anyways I Agree Brian well have worse News then Ada...

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Elite Trainer

@ CEB: Don't eat me for it, but yeah, it was ZERO I was talking about. A bit of a shame I couldn't force my hand to stay away from the Wikipedia after it came out... Then again, not all spoilers spoil as much + sometimes, spoilers just don't do credit to the film they supposedly 'spoil'. Luckily, I didn't really read real "spoilers" for INTERVIEWS (none that I remembered at the time, at least). You can't say that that episode wraps everything up, but it's a nice closure, you know.
    Then again, it's like, half an hour long. Compared to normal episodes, that's a lot, but compared to ZERO... I really want to see that movie, and in whole from the first time 'round, too.*

*Comment threw OffTopicException(net.pokemasters.forums.NewReply: byCrystalmasterMike, at line 1);

~ ~ ~

Hmm, Gavin seemed surprised at Ada's decision to let Brian freak-out in his room, as I suppose the latter's doing right now. Maybe that the news of the Smods, and that of the Big Doom Event will spark some formerly unseen characterics in the known moderators (KMods?)

By the way, I wasn't referring to your sig, but to mine. *sniff* But if you still see my piccy (not the smiley), by all means, save it + supply it to me plz.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#167)

Inferno: One has to wonder how they'll react to Brian's Big Book of Death. Things could get very interesting between the mods...

Nostalgia? Something like that. It's also an easy way for me to remind myself that I know you from further back, and such. Useful for a forgetful person like me.

Blade: *cackles* Do we, now? How much do you know, and how much do you think you know?

Yeah, we all live together in close quarters. At least we have our own bathrooms. I can't even imagine what it would be like otherwise.

Gabi: Yes, I have fond memories of some of our epic battles against him. I still think I deserve a few medals or something for the Fanfic conflicts. Give me accolades!

Yes, the supermods have been waiting in the wings for quite a very, very time. You'll see what I mean by that soon. And don't lie! You wanted to be mentioned, admit it! It's okay to be a little vain. ^_^

You're so vain... you probably think this song is about you, don't you? Don't you? Don't you? *chuckles nervously*

Charles: Maybe so, but the admins are over all of TPM. They don't tend to closely affiliate themselves with any particular forum, so how would they be included? That could get complicated.

Of course, we all love complicated...

Mike:

catch (OffTopicException e)
    { mr_pikachu.IgnoreComment(e);
    }

These are trying times. Maybe she felt the news couldn't wait until the Pika returned to sanity, or something. But the current situation may well push the moderators to their limits. Which makes you wonder what will happen if things get worse.

Ohh, your sig... sadly, I don't even see an "X" box (as opposed to an X-Box). You might try going to wherever the host is, although if they were the ones who deleted the pic that won't work. Alternatively, you might try tracking it down on the Internet Wayback Machine; that's a long shot, but it's worth a shot if you're desperate.

Are you prepared to glimpse the future?

#167: So those are the global moderators. But what's got Gavin so steamed?

Thankfully, this table picture didn't take nearly as long to find as the door from #159.

Hooray for Village People albums and professional wrestlers!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Smile Re: War of the Forums (#167)

Maybe he knows him somehow or maybe Gavin is just eager to get into battle. Who knows? But I bet we will find out soon enough.

Keep up the good work, mr_pikachu!!!!!

The real Shonta Moderator

Gavin vs. Armstrong wannabe? This is going to be interesting. At least Yomiko wannabe will be tamer (I hope).

*starts selling tickets* Match of the century! Buy your chance to see the match of the century!
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Charles: Maybe so, but the admins are over all of TPM. They don't tend to closely affiliate themselves with any particular forum, so how would they be included? That could get complicated.
    Oh really now then what's the mod board, a highly guarded Military base such as Area 51 and as Mysterious as the Lost City of Atlantis or Kevin's Mysterious Oreo Incident for that Matter.

Funny because they all are known to have Existed and yet there are Many Myths and Legends about them, and the Same can be said about all the Mod Boards on Every single message board on the Internet.

Wait a Second from what Ada said and the Pictures ... IBowers not a Global Mod! Nice one Brian. XD

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

Veteran Trainer

Not a Global Mod that we KNOW of, Charlie.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Thank you, mr_pikachu! ... Yeah, it was an old picture from Orion (iirc from archive.org: from March 17 2004, ftw - and strangely, it had been saved under the .txt format too), and geocities deleted his account recently.
    Funny how I now simultaneously love and despise these internet caching sites... On the one hand, I've got my precious back, and on the other hand, Google still is able to pull up the one post on this site where I ever mentioned my real name... Granted, it's in the archive, but still...

~~~

My 2 cents: Wasn't there a GM, name rhyming with Spinarak, that was away for a while, or very idle at the very least? Maybe it was at that time that Ada performed her research of the GM's.
    Last edited by Crystalmaster Mike; 23rd February 2008 at 10:03 AM.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#168)

Inferno: Hehe. One thing's for sure. Gavin certainly had his preference figured out.

More pages are on the way!

Shonta: You think Yomiko's persona will be tamer? Perhaps. But she's got some tricks up her sleeves if she needs them.

I might otherwise buy a ticket, but I've got a front-row seat for anything and everything that happens. ^_^

Charles: The mod board is merely a myth that we propagate in order to test the maturity level of potential mods. Just as the supermod board is likely a myth that Andrew started for similar reasons.

Is iBrowse off the list? Or have I pulled a fast one?

Blade: Excellent point. But are you on the right track, or have I misled you once again?

Mike: Always happy to help! Yeah, there are major contradictions in a lot of internet issues. Many things have both very good and very bad sides... that's why you've always gotta be careful about what you say! Paranoia is your friend!

I'm drawing a blank about the GM name you're referencing right now. Largely because it's caused me to think of SpinaZak and nothing else.

But while my mind may be empty, more pages of WotF keep filling.

#168: Uh oh. The Pika's got a plan. That can't be good.

I'm honestly not very happy with this page. See, I'd initially planned to have Ada and Gavin showing photos of the candidates to each other, much like the global moderator pictures from #167. But that would have created problems, as I can't to reveal too much about the actual modding process or any of the people we considered. And images of random people in Love Hina and Trinity Blood showing files to Shinobu Maehara and Abel Nightroad - with us only seeing the back of those files - are a little hard to find. So you'll just have to use your imagination on this one. Sorry!

Have you ever watched PTI on ESPN?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

I Finnished last Moderator

I liked this page. Who are the candidates? So mysterious!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Charles: The mod board is merely a myth that we propagate in order to test the maturity level of potential mods. Just as the supermod board is likely a myth that Andrew started for similar reasons.

Is iBrowse off the list? Or have I pulled a fast one?
    LOL yeah right Brian, I may be the King of newbies but did it ever cross your mind that I might have been a mod or even an Admin at one time, and maybe have a bit of an insight into the modding process?

Ah, well what I was geting at is that it was some what of a Red Harring.

Also I bet the new mod is going to be Faiz.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Elite Trainer

Paranoia can't be my friend... Schizofrenia already is.

And if the outcome of the modding proces isn't already set in stone here, then it means the rest of the WotF story will really start to deviate from our own perspective on history.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

OK, so ... my bad. So much crap to do, and it's so easy to lose track of everything. I'm gonna catch up to page 160 today, and do the rest when I have more time; partly for myself, and partly cause I don't want you to cry at the length of my catch-up posts, Brian.

#153: That first panel was quite effective for some reason. I think it just gave an idea of both mood and setting in one panel, which is usually difficult to do in this kind of webcomic. But I liked it: I could imagine DS looking over a city or at the sunset pensively, so it totally worked to set the scene. If that's what you were going for, at least. Nice cliffy at the end, too.

#154: OOOOOH. Again, loved the first panel ... all flashbacky and stuff. Looked like a dark orb or something, with writing inside it. Very cool. And yes, the faded corners worked well - although I didn't actually notice it until you pointed it out, so I guess it could have maybe been a bit more contrasting? Either way - what awesome subject matter; Toge's been brought into the mix. I'm keen to see where this is going.

#155: Toge didn't have the shortest stint of a Fanfic Mod; tygerofdantye (or however the hell you spell it) was a mod for just four days, I think. Incidentally, if memory serves (???), it was when Toge stepped down that Andrew was modded. So, this is essentially two rebellious adolescents railing against the authority figures of that day, right? That being Andrew. Interesting plot development here ... is this what brought them together? (At least, at that time?) Btw, a gutsy description of Andrew as a half-insane drunkard - I'm sure you'll put that down to artistic licence, right? Also: "You're still just a poser." = nice indication of his attitude.

#156: Oh, I love this page. Not least because we're seeing that the evil takeover bid has actually been in motion - or, at least, conceived - for a long time, but because of the way MoP and DS are discussing so strategically and calculatedly which mod to attack. So Psi is still around in this flashback? That must put us ... around 2003? Assuming the timeline of Fanfic in real life and "WotF" are the same. Though - describing Tara as too gentle for fighting? A faulty assumption indeed, I reckon. Only one other comment here: what was with the ghosting effect in the fifth panel?

#157: As I read the text in the first panel, I realised what this whole thing was reminiscent of: Dumbledore and Grindelwald's relationship back in the day - the whole "for the greater good" stuff. Although it doesn't seem that either MoP or DS holds unrequited love for the other - so what will tear them apart? I'm assuming something has to ... In any case, it sounds as though their plan is leaning towards anarchy, no? Or in any case, something less oligarchical. (Wondering if I've used that word in the right place there.)

#158: Ha, so this is the question I asked in my response to #157. Something had to go wrong. That seems to be the problem when friends are brought together by common ambition: they diverge, or disagree on the best means. Nice use of an intermission, by the way; left uninterrupted, the story could have become slightly tedious, I guess. Though frankly, it's more than holding my attention at this stage.

#159: More character introductions! So, we have Professor Blaziken as the World History teacher (at Fanfic Academy?) and Professor Dragonfree as principal. From the principal's tone, it sounds like there's something we don't know about MoP, then ... I guess it makes sense that it took a long time to find that image: I don't imagine many people enjoy looking at pictures of doors.

#160: The gun in panel five seems a little over-the-top! At least she's not aiming it at anybody. So, my guess was confirmed, it seems: the professors have picked up on something unsavoury about MoP. But how extreme is this ideology going to be?

#161: And the schism begins... MoP sounds like a bit of an overly-vehement (and, er, psycho) College student, obsessed with and convinced by the validity of his argument. His outlook is certainly frightening. Hmm ... Grindelwald vibes once again. Good work with text selection; it worked well not to dump the whole essay on us, and much less wouldn't really deliver the gravity of the situation. I wonder if Gabi's question was accurate: it does sound quite as ominous as that book.

#162: Ah, the old anarchist argument. I never really identify with that leaning toward anarchy; those who truly believe in it, or aspire to it, seem so delusional. History shows us that it's in human nature to fight, to construct roles and to lead and be led; hell, walking around a playground can show you that. Why is MoP so obsessed with this vision? We might never be told, I guess, but in any case, it's clear that he's dangerous and - judging by the last panel - unbalanced, turning instantly on the only friend or ally he seemed to have. Even though DS is planning to overthrow the mods, it's pretty clear at this stage that he's not utterly mental about it. By the way - panel 6 was awesome! Visually and stylistically! Well done.

#163: Back to the present. A lethal combination of forethought and unpredictability? Well put. That really does make him seem like the Master of Paradox. He definitely seems like he's going to be a danger - not just for DS and Shuppet Master in their plans, but for everyone who might encounter him. Nice way to (kind of) lighten the mood with the quote in the last panel; I chuckled.

I went three pages over what I said I would; oops. I'll stop there, though; I have major studying to do, and as this little arc ends on page 163, I'll pick it up at #164 next time.

Good work - innovative and very, very interesting - I like how this fic is massively long and yet continues to not only hold my interest but break new ground with formatting, too. As for the plot - man, it's getting complicated, but complicated = rich. So, good job Brian.

And please don't cry.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 24th February 2008 at 03:26 AM.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Administrator

*Gives Brian accolades.*

Ah, the ever-so-annoying do not talk about Fight Club rule. As if there was anything worth hiding!

I liked Gavin's reaction. It reminded me of the discussion about who would be more likely to become a couple and we ended up saying Gavin was likelier to end up with Andrew than I was.

So I'm vain, you say? I don't have a huge sig advertising my work (only a few small links to AC/CC stuff nobody seems to care about).

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    I liked Gavin's reaction. It reminded me of the discussion about who would be more likely to become a couple and we ended up saying Gavin was likelier to end up with Andrew than I was.
    Which reaction was that, Gabi? As in ... in the fic or in my reply just then? Confusion! If you think about it, though, that's actually more likely to happen than you ending up with Andrew. (Although I maintain there is a level of love between the two of you.)

*prepares to be shot*

Also - GM = GroundMarowak? Or something like that?

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

GligarMan.

Also, ugh. I can imagine a terrible, terrible sitcom with Gabi and I who are thrown together to run a business and raise two children from a dead rellie we didn't know we had.

Bickering ensures.

Also, Gavin. I am planning later this year to roadtrip to Perth. Seeya then?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    GligarMan.

Also, ugh. I can imagine a terrible, terrible sitcom with Gabi and I who are thrown together to run a business and raise two children from a dead rellie we didn't know we had.

Bickering ensures.

Also, Gavin. I am planning later this year to roadtrip to Perth. Seeya then?
    ^^ I would watch that.

Roadtripping to Perth? Awesome! Yeah, absolutely, we shall catch up! Send me the details on msn or by PM or something, dude.

And um ... yes, Brian. This is a lovely fic you have here.

*runs from modsticks*

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#169)

Mikachu: The candidates are Fanficcers! And that's all you need to know. ^_^

Charles: ...In the world of WotF, you have no modliness. Sorry!

So you think the new mod is going to be Faiz? That's one possibility, I suppose. But it begs the question of who Faiz could be... or why he hasn't yet appeared.

Mike: I'd concede the point about schizophrenia, but the misspelling tells me that you don't really have it. *chortles*

You'd be surprised how little we've deviated from the actual timeline of TPM. Who's to say we'll deviate at all?

Gavin:
    And please don't cry.
    Yeah, that's the sort of thing that should never go at the end of a post. *wipes away tears*

#153: Score! That's exactly what I had hoped would happen. Glad the cliffhanger worked too; those are your specialty, so you of all people should know when they're successful.

#154: Memories... yeah, I kind of realized later that the contrast ratio of the "faded corners" could have been sharper. If you hadn't already noticed, I used the exact same image over a pure black background to make the effect in the first panel. And even Toge gets a mention!

#155: Basically, you're right. Except they're after all the mods; Andrew just happens to be the high-profile one of whom everybody's a fan. As for the description, I'm not claiming artistic license. I'm claiming Dark Sage was the one who said it, not me. *passes the buck*

#156: I wanted this page to be sort of reminiscent of Death Note. If there were two people who only wanted to kill the moderators. And if they really weren't quite aware of how hard it would be. Nice inspiration, eh? Yeah, Psi's still around; make of that what you will. I did try to stay loyal to the proper sequencing of events here, although the overall duration may be different. As for the ghosting effect... er, let's call it a metaphor. Or something. Two-faced MoP!

#157: It's kind of sad; I actually planned out this whole arc before reading Deathly Hallows, so when I finished the HP series I kind of went, "Dang it!" Their plan is certainly leaning away from oligarchy, but what is it leaning toward?

#158: The intermission was more to break the flow for people reading day-by-day. (No offense intended.) When each half of an arc lasts for four days, it seems a little longer than four pages.

#159: Professor Blaziken... now who could that be? And Principal Dragonfree, of course. Good door images are astonishingly hard to find.

#160: The lady terminator! Egad! Yeah, it would seem that DS has been slightly misled about something...

#161: Psycho? Hehe. Perhaps that's merely part of his secret, elaborate plan. Glad the excerpts worked for you, as I honestly crammed in as much text as I could. Very scary.

#162: Typically, yes. Although there are plenty who believe that the history books themselves are nothing but lies - think of how many claim the Holocaust never happened, for instance. It's easy to repeat history when you think it's a lie. And yeah, I searched for about an hour trying to find the perfect image. Glad it worked. ^_^

#163: How very paradoxical. There's some definite danger in dealing with someone like that. And yes, I figured the mood could use a bit of lightening after that lengthy, possibly depressing backstory.

I'm pleased that this is still an engaging read, particularly since we're still only scratching the surface. Further complications are on the way!

Gabi: Yay, accolades! *grabs hastily*

I can think of some things that have been said there that shouldn't be discussed publicly. Lines like "Should we ban ________?" and such.

Hehe, Gavin does have some good reactions. If you recall, he won that award with Andrew in this fic (revealed on #16). And Jay won "Nicest Member."

Hey, c'mon! It's not my fault I have a lot of fics and that each of my panels measures 404x300. Really!

Andrew: Ah, that's right! I'd forgotten about him.

You sitcom idea sounds frighteningly like Back to You on FOX. (My parents love that show. It's... decent. More watchable than most.)

So. It's time to reveal mr_pikachu's choice.

#169: It's him!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

Yep, it's him all right. It seems Brian knew who he was all along. Maybe at I know I've wanted to know who the heck the guy is for three Books.

Hmm... If I recall correctly, Mr. Unknown tried to be friendly with B4... Does Brian's decision have anything do with a plan to form a treaty? Could be...

mmm More characters are revealed and people rising up the ranks. Though I still hope there is going to be an intergalactic space battle with cruisers and lasers and space fighters that go "shooo dun dun dun pew pew" and then explode (But I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon).

Also Mike I like the thing in your sig, I might make one to if you don't mind. But all I need now is a cool numbah name, then I am set.

Administrator

Heh. Whose fault is it, then?

And the long-awaited return of "eyebrows" has come! If only Gavin and Brian could stop fighting long enough to find out what each of them has to say...

Elite Trainer

The title and Brian's downspeaking Gavin made me think whether he was considering aiming for the GM rank... But then I realized he hasn't even heard of it yet... Or has he?

Return of the iBrowse, now extra hairy!

~ ~ ~

CEB: Don't worry, adapt it as you please! I had been wondering about changing the "Numbuh" after I bumped into a fic where the same designation was used by a girl (no offense to the ladies, of course, but it would be hard to relate to the character in my mind), but it's just so hard to pick cool ones, ya know. You can't make much alliterations, and picking "Pi" as a numbuh would simply cause massive hillarety (sp?) among fellow-KND's. Maybe adding square roots or power numbers to the spice... Hmm...

Veteran Trainer

Told you. I knew it the whole time. I sent mr_pikachu a PM about this awhile ago. I was right. Yes, I'm gonna gloat about it, and no, I'm not gonna tell you who iBrowse is, no matter how obvious it is.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: War of the Forums (#170)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Okay, remember when I said that I'd be uploading JPG copies of these pages to my Photobucket site? Yeah, it turns out that JPGs have almost as many problems as GIFs in terms of quality. So forget that. Time to throw file sizes to the wind and use PNGs. Lossless compression for the win!

DS: mr_pikachu knows something about our mystery guest. But what?

Perhaps he is planning to form a treaty. Or perhaps you're giving Fanfic's nuttiest mod a little too much credit.

CEB: There's definitely some escalation in the works. The question is how things will escalate. What is the nature of the war of the forums?

Gabi: Er, uh... the world's fault! Yes. I'm blaming everyone!

Eyebrows is back! But what significance will he hold? And can Gavin and Brian reconcile their differences long enough to have a reasonable conversation?

Mike: More importantly, even if he does know of the GM rank, does he know how to reach it? Perhaps "downspeaking" counts against someone seeking that level...

Actually, iBrowse's eyebrows are commonly believed to be made of seaweed.

Blade: Do you really know who he is? I seem to recall you making a number of wild guesses. How can you be sure that any of them are correct?

This announcement probably won't pass without some sort of retort.

#170: You have to admit, this seems a little odd. What could mr_pikachu and mistysakura be thinking?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

#170: You have to admit, this seems a little odd. What could mr_pikachu and mistysakura be thinking?
    Gavin: BRIAN, YOU'RE OUT OF YOU'RE DAMN MIND!! HE BECOMES A MOD OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!"

Brian(You): Hmm...I wouldn't mind arranging that...

Ada: I'm surrounded by idiots...

I think that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell

Oh and I have an idea who iBrowse is, but I'll keep it to myself cause I'd rather be embarassed by myself rather than by a whole topic if I'm wrong

-Sean

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

But... what is it that Brian and Ada both know that Gavin doesn't? Brian has the Book of Doom and Ada has the GM information. They don't have each other's information. So maybe they're coming to the same conclusion using different means. Or maybe it does have something to do with him being with Kalah when she and Gavin met. And his ability to see through invisible mode. Although that would lead me to think he was a smod already. Maybe he just has teh superp0wers which make him figure into the apocalypse.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.